Hello, welcome to Best Phone Spy Reviews. My name is Jack Gillman, I have been in the spy software industry for almost 8 years, so I’ve tried and tested hundreds of different cell phone spy programs over the years.
To help you choose the best one for your needs, I’ve put together a list of the best phone spy apps available today. Take a look at each program below and decide which one is right for you.
Top 5 Phone Spy Software 2017
There is a lot of junk out there, and to help you avoid it, I’m going to go over what I’ve found to be the best spy software available right now. I’ve factored in things like features, ease of use, reliability, and customer feedback to help you make an informed decision.
Important: Every app listed below is 100% undetectable – the app runs in the background without the user’s knowledge. I personally tested all of them. They work great!
#1 – mSpy (Best Spy Software for iPhone and iPad)
mSpy is a powerful monitoring tool with some really great features. It’s extremely simple to use, probably one of the easiest spy software I’ve tried. Also, their customer service is responsive and helpful. What I really like about mSpy is that it allows you to monitor an iPhone or iPad without having to jailbreak the device.
Like many other spy phone apps, mSpy has all the basic features, including the ability to spy on text messages, track GPS locations, and monitor phone calls. It also has some unique features that make it stand out from the crowd. Let’s take a look at these features.
1) No Jailbreak Solution: mSpy iPhone spy software non-jailbreak version has been released. Now you can spy on an iPhone without Jailbreaking it. You don’t even need to install an app to the device itself. Instead, activity is extracted from iCloud backup and viewed in your mSpy account.
2) Keylogging Feature: mSpy captures keystrokes typed on a smartphone to record passwords, messages, web searches and more. That data is then uploaded to your account.
3) Unlimited Device Change: Your mSpy license can only be active on one device at a time, but you can deactivate the license on the original device and then active the license on the new device. This is useful, for example, if you want to test the app on your phone before installing it on your child’s phone.
4) Upload Settings: You can choose to upload the monitored data over Wi-Fi only or over both Wi-Fi and mobile data – which is great for those with a limited data plan. This option is available in your account settings on mSpy’s website.
5) Blocking Websites & Apps: mSpy can be used as a parental control software for mobile phone. It allows parents to block detrimental websites such as sexual or pornographic, gambling and social networking sites. In addition, you can control what apps/games can be run and played.
6) 24/7 Customer Support: I know, other companies offer this as well, but not to the extent that mSpy does. Most companies give you one or two avenues of contact – usually phone and email. mSpy offers you four ways to contact them: phone, email, live chat, or remote assistance.
mSpy is not only compatible with iOS and Android mobile devices, but it also works with both Windows and Mac computers. You can monitor multiple devices under a single account.
- Cost: mSpy comes in three packages (Basic, Premium, and Bundle kit) priced from $30 to $230
- Developer: Bitex Group LTD, a UK-based company founded in 2011.
- Visit their website: http://www.mspy.com
#2 – Highster Mobile (Best Spy Software for Android Phone and Tablet)
Highster Mobile Pro Edition is one of the best value for money mobile spying apps out there. It’s packed with features that will help you monitor all aspects of a cell phone, but it doesn’t have as many advanced features as mSpy. Nonetheless, it has a bunch of features that most users could find useful include the following:
- Social Media Monitoring: Monitor WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, iMessage, BBM, Skype, Viber, Instagram, and Email.
- Real-time GPS Tracking: Know where the device is at all times with GPS-tracking technology. Location is displayed on a map within the control panel.
- Stealth Camera: Initiate the phone’s camera to take a secret picture that is sent to your account.
- Call Monitoring: Monitor incoming and outgoing phone calls, date and time of calls, phone number of person calling or being called, and have a running log of all phone calls made.
- Photos & Video Log: View photos & videos taken on the monitored cell phone.
- Browser History: View all the websites they visit on their phone.
- Contacts and Calendar: View new contacts and calendar entries.
- Text Message Monitoring: Monitor and record all SMS text messages. Keeps a running record of all text messages sent and received, and is viewable from within your control panel.
From what I can see, Highster Mobile has taken great efforts to ensure their software works well with all Android devices, is extremely simple and easy to set up, and is glitch-free. On top of that, they’ve made it their personal mission to make their software affordable for everyone.
For anyone in the market for a low cost spy app for Android, Highster Mobile should be at the top of your list — not just because it’s easy to use, but because it doesn’t require any special configuration. And best of all, you don’t have to root the phone to use it.
The Highster Mobile Spy app is compatible with both Android and iOS devices (iPhone, iPad). I tested it on my Samsung Galaxy S5 running Android 4.4, and it works great.
- Cost: Purchase lifetime license for a one-time fee of $69 (No monthly fees!)
- Developer: ILF Mobile Apps Corp, a US-based company founded in 2010.
- Visit their website: http://www.highstermobi.com
#3 – FlexiSPY
FlexiSPY is one of the most feature-rich spy software I’ve tested. FlexiSPY has been in the business of providing cell phone spy software since 2005. It has the most advanced features available to help you spy on someone’s cell phone, and is available on a wide variety of mobile platforms, including iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry, and Nokia Symbian.
In order to install FlexiSPY, you will need to first root or jailbreak the target device. Once you have rooted or jailbroken the device, you can download and install the FlexiSPY spy app to begin recording activities such as: text messages, phone calls, GPS locations, Facebook, Viber, BBM, iMessages, WhatsApp chats, Skype messages, photos and videos, emails, websites visited, and more.
FlexiSPY comes in two versions, Premium and Extreme. The Extreme version has more advanced features than the Premium version and gives you even more ability to spy on a cell phone. These features below are what set FlexiSPY Extreme apart from the competition, and display just how powerful this software can be.
- Call Intercept: This feature lets you listen in to a live phone call as it happens.
- Record Phone Calls: Remotely record all phone calls made to or from the target phone. All call recordings are uploaded to your FlexiSPY control panel.
- Record Surroundings: The phone’s surroundings are recorded and uploaded to your control panel as mp3s. You can even listen to it live while it is occurring.
- Spy on Passwords (Password Cracker): An industry first. This unique feature allows you to see all passwords entered on the phone. You can easily see the actual passwords they use for social messaging, emails and applications.
- RemCam: This feature allows you to take control of their phone camera remotely to take pictures which then are uploaded to your account.
- Instant GPS Locations: Getting the current GPS location, view the latest locates on a map.
- Remotely control the phone: FlexiSPY allows you to make any changes remotely through your online web panel. This is something I haven’t seen in other monitoring applications.
So should you use FlexiSPY? I would only recommend using it on a jailbroken iPhone or rooted Android. I tried to install it on a non-rooted Android phone, and it doesn’t work. FlexiSPY is designed for advanced users. If you are not an advanced user, or you are not familiar with rooting, I highly recommend getting started with Highster Mobile. And in my opinion, FlexiSPY is one of the most feature rich spy apps available, but it’s also the most expensive. Make sure you NEED all the features before you spend the money.
- Cost: FlexiSPY Premium version – $149, FlexiSPY Extreme version – $349 (1-Year License)
- Developer: Flexispy, Ltd. The company was founded in 2005, and is based in Thailand.
- Visit their website: http://www.flexispyapp.com
#4 – iKeyMonitor
iKeyMonitor is a simple but powerful spy application that logs SMS, WhatsApp messages, keystrokes, passwords, websites, screenshots and sends a detailed report to your email. I have tested it on my iPhone 5 with iOS 7.0.4 and it works really well. The interface is clear and easy to use, and it does what it’s supposed to do.
Here are some things that make iKeyMonitor unique:
- Free 3-day trial: iKeyMonitor offers you a full free trial for 3 days totally risk free, which is great for you to see how the software really works before buying.
- View every keystroke typed: Because its primary use is a keylogger, all forms of text messaging will be logged, no matter what app is used. You will receive all content that is exchanged over all text messaging apps.
- Capture passwords entered: Every keystroke typed into the keypad of the monitored device is logged—even passwords that are otherwise hidden from the user when typed. You can capture the username and password with iKeyMonitor.
- Capture screenshots periodically: Automatically takes a screenshot as the phone screen changes, and can be recorded as often as you like. This gives you the ability to see what web sites have been visited, or what apps have been used.
- Multi-language support: iKeyMonitor is designed to support multi-languages, such as English, Spanish, French, German, Russian, Portuguese, Italian, and much more. This setting can be found in the administrator interface. Other settings can also be set through this interface, including storage parameters, password for iKeyMonitor, FTP, security options, and more.
If you are looking for a software to monitor activity that takes place on an iPhone, then you will want iKeyMonitor. It is the best keylogging app available for iPhone. iKeyMonitor provides a variety of features to meet your monitoring needs. This is not just a keylogger app, it is also an advanced cell phone monitoring software.
Installation is simple and the app is compatible with all jailbroken devices running iOS 6.0 or later. Unless the users are told that there is a keylogger in place, they will never know, thanks to the software’s stealth mode that is untraceable. Note that Jailbreaking is required for iOS devices, this app can be installed only on a jailbroken iPhone/iPad via Cydia.
- Cost: Free to try; $39.99 (1 month license); $179.99 (1-year license)
- Developer: Awosoft Technology CO, LTD, a UK-based company founded in 2008
- Visit their website: http://ikeymonitorapp.com
#5 – PhoneSheriff
PhoneSheriff is a great cell phone monitoring and tracking software that lets you monitor ALL the activities of any iPhone, Blackberry, Android phone and tablets including iPad and iPad mini. The application is easy to install on the device you want to monitor. It has all of the usual features found in this type of software such as call logging, GPS location tracking, reading of SMS and email messages, viewing browser history, and logging of photos/videos taken.
There are also some additional features that you may find useful:
- Social network monitoring: View incoming and outgoing chat messages from within social networking apps, like Facebook, WhatsApp, Viber, BBM, and iMessage.
- Create time restrictions: During certain times of the day (based on your specifications) you can block full access to the device, or block all phone calls.
- Geo-Fencing Alert: Be alerted anytime the target device travels outside of a specific area you’ve designated on the map via your control panel.
- Profanity Alert: Set up keyword filters that alert you whenever a vulgar word (that you define) is input into the device.
- Block services: Block access to specific apps, websites, contacts and more. Restrict/Block messaging and calling services for specific contacts. Add numbers to whitelist and blacklist to allow and block them respectively.
There are many more features available with PhoneSheriff. It is well worth the subscription fee. Installation on the target device is easy and clean, and there is a robust set of configuration options available on the PhoneSheriff control panel.
If you’re looking for a professional cell phone monitoring software that will help you protect your family, I think PhoneSheriff might just be the solution you’ve been searching for.
Update: Due to legal issues, the hidden version of PhoneSheriff is no longer available for sale or download. The app places an icon on the home screen of their phones and it will notify them that they are being monitored.
- Cost: $49 for a 6 month subscription or $89 for a 12 month subscription
- Developer: Retina-X Studios, LLC, a US-based company founded in 2003
- Visit their website: http://www.phonesheriff.com
What You Need to Know Before You Buy
1. You must have access to the target phone (the device you want to track). You have to be able to download the mobile spy software onto the device you want to track, and you don’t need to download anything on your phone or computer.
2. Make sure the spy software is compatible with your operating system. This shouldn’t be a problem for most devices. Most software companies today offer software compatible with the major operating systems – iOS, Android, Blackberry, and Symbian. Remember that an iOS device must be jailbroken before the software can be installed.
3. The target phone must have internet access (cellular data or Wi-Fi). The monitored data is uploaded via the internet and stored on the spy software company’s servers, where you can access it online via your control panel. You cannot track the device’s activity if the target phone does not have internet access.
4. Make sure the company has a support center. Software issues can and will most likely occur during the time you’re using the spy software. This is due to the devices updating their operating system, and the spy software needing to be updated to adapt. When a technical issue occurs, you may need to contact support. Make sure the company you buy the software from has a reputed support center – preferably 24/7 support via live chat or phone.
5. Beware of claims that sound too good to be true. Yes, the scammers are present in the cell phone spy software market, and they’re willing to make some very bold (and FALSE) claims to get you to buy. My best piece of advice is if it either sounds too good to be true, or is a feature you haven’t seen advertised before, be very cautious of dealing with that particular company. Stick with my top cell phone spy software recommendations above, based on my experience, these companies are the “cream of the crop”, and they all work as promised.
How To Get Started
You will first purchase the software from a reputable company. Once purchased, you will receive an email from the vendor that will include your login information, installation instructions, download link and activation code.
Next, you will install the software onto the device you would like to track. Most cell spy software today is compatible with all mobile device platforms: iOS (iPhone/iPad), Android, Blackberry, and Symbian. Once the software is installed, you can then start tracking any activity on the phone through a web interface, which you can access from any web browser. It really is that simple.
Special note: If you want to use the software on an iPhone, you will first need to jailbreak the iPhone before you can install it. But if you can’t jailbreak (or don’t want to), you may try the mSpy without jailbreak solution which allows you to monitor iOS activities without a jailbreak.
Best Phone Spy Software: Conclusion
If you’re looking for an easy to use cell phone monitoring software, then mSpy is among the best on the market. If you’re looking for something a little more advanced than mSpy, I’d recommend checking out the FlexiSPY Extreme Version (but you have to root or jailbreak the phone first). Highster Mobile is by far the best VALUE for the money. However, it doesn’t have as many features as mSpy or FlexiSPY.
Thank you for visiting my website and I hope you find what you are looking for. If you have any questions or need any help please contact me.
Jack Gillman | www.bestphonespy.com
Last updated May 26, 2017.