There are several cell phone monitoring software packages on the market, but mSpy has some of the best features available. This software proudly serves over a million happy customers worldwide, and it is available for most major smartphones, tablets and desktop computers. Their No-jailbreak version is now compatible with all iOS devices (including iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch) and all iOS versions including iOS 10.
mSpy is packed with features that help parents ensure their children are safe. It is also used to monitor productivity in the workplace. In this review, I will go over all aspects of this software, making it easy for you to see why mSpy is the number one monitoring software among parents and business owners.
What is mSpy?
mSpy is a powerful monitoring system that is backed by a company who knows and understands your monitoring needs as a parent and business owner. This robust monitoring software will track all aspects of the users smartphone or computer activity. Once installed, it runs in the background, and becomes invisible to the phone user, so your child will not know they are being monitored.
mSpy Web-based Control Panel
mSpy is user friendly, and easy to install. Tracking includes GPS location, web history, images, videos, email, SMS, Skype, WhatsApp, Keylogger and much more. The tracked data can be accessed through your mSpy account.
The service is available on iPhone, Android, Windows and MAC computers. This extra layer of security will ensure the kids are where they are suppose to be, and log all activity for viewing. Parenting can be hard in this technical world that we live in, but mSpy is making it a bit easier. We are not able to always be with our children, and mSpy can act as our eyes and ears.
If issues are encountered while using the software, customer service is available 24 hours a day by email, live chat, or phone.
What Makes mSpy Different?
mSpy uses the most advanced technologies to ensure you have all that you need to efficiently monitor a target device. Here are some of the things that make mSpy a unique monitoring software.
1. No Jailbreak Required – mSpy is one of the first to offer monitoring software that does not require an IOS device to go through the jailbreak process. You don’t even need to install any software on the iPhone or iPad. This technology works with your iCloud account, and all logs will be available in your control panel.
2. Keylogging – mSpy records every keystroke that is entered. This will help you see everything that is typed in a variety of instant message apps, including Skype and WhatsApp. At this time, the Keylogging feature is only offered on Android devices.
3. Device Change – When you purchase a mSpy license, it can only be used on one device. However, you can change your device at any time. It will need to be deactivated on the old device, and activated on the new device before the application will work. mSpy allows unlimited device changes.
4. Update Settings – When on a limited data plan, mSpy is the monitoring software to consider. In your control panel, you can choose to upload the tracked data over Wi-Fi, or both Wi-Fi and cellular networks, so there will be no worry when it comes to overage charges.
5. Outstanding Customer Service – mSpy is always ready to help you with any issues or questions you may have. Support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can reach the mSpy team by phone, live chat and email.
6. mAssistance – This is a top notch support service that can be purchased at any time. It cost $43.99, but offers one on one assistance to those who struggle with installing the software. An experienced agent will Jailbreak or Root the phone by remotely accessing the target device. You just need to have the device in hand before giving them a call.
Plus, a demo of the software’s control panel is available on the website. I was able to try the software out before I bought it. This helped me see how the software functioned. I was surprised with the ease of navigation. The company also offers a 10 day money back guarantee.
Devices that are compatible with the mSpy software include iOS, Android, Windows and Mac. These are the most popular devices, and mSpy continues to update their software as new technology is developed. Their newest development makes it possible to spy on an iOS device without going through the jailbreaking process. To see if your device is compatible, go to http://www.mspy.com/compatibility.html
Compatible devices include:
- mSpy With Jailbreak: iOS 6 – 8.4; iOS 9 – 9.1
- Without jailbreak is available on all iOS versions.
- The Android device must be running at least Android 4+.
- Windows XP; Windows Vista; Windows 7; Windows 8, 8.1; Windows 10.
- Mac OS 10.7 Lion, Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, OS X 10.9 Mavericks, OS X 10.10 Yosemite, OS X 10.11 El Capitan.
Plans & pricing options
There are a variety of package plans available to suit all your monitoring needs. Premium packages include a number of features that are not offered in the Basic package. mSpy is available for as low as $29.99 per month. Premium plans range between $69.99 to $199.99. Family kits are offered, which gives you the ability to monitor 3 devices. These plans begin at $359.97 for 6 months. mSpy also offers combination plans, which will allow you to monitor mobile and computer activity. These plans start at $84.99 for a one month subscription.
How easy is it to install the software
I found mSpy to be one of the easiest monitoring software to install. After purchasing your package, you will want to begin installing the software on the target device. For installation, you will need physical access to the target device.
If using an iOS device, it will need to go through the jailbreaking process before installation is started. Android devices will need to be rooted. If you don’t want to jailbreak the iPhone or iPad, you can use “mSpy Without Jailbreak” solution.
Begin by logging into your online mSpy control panel. Since this will be your first time logging into the control panel, you will need to add a new device. Choose the type of device you are installing the software on, and then click proceed. This will take you to the “Setup your device” page.
mSpy Setup Wizard: it will walk you through the installation process of mSpy on the target device.
There are guides available on this page that will help you complete the setup. I found these guides to be extremely useful, and easy to understand. I’ll provide a step-by-step example of how to install mspy on an Android phone.
Step1: Enable Unknown Source – Before you begin installing mSpy on an Android device, you will want to check that the Unknown Source option is enabled. You do this by navigating to settings and then choose security. Ensure that there is a check mark beside Unknown Sources.
Step 2: Download the App – The download link can be found in your control panel. Simply type the link into the phone’s browser.
Step 3: Install the app – Once the download is complete, you can then select the file and install. It will step you through the process with prompts.
Step 4: Launch the App – When installation is complete, open the app. Here you will be asked to agree to the mSpy and User License Agreement. Click accept to continue. Purpose – The software will then ask who you will be monitoring. Choose employee, child or other. Here you can also choose rather to show the mSpy icon on the target device.
Step 5: Root Access – When you start the app for the first time, SU will pop up a dialog asking for root access. Just press “Allow”.
Step 6: Registration Code – It will prompt you to enter the registration code. This code can be found in your control panel.
Step 7: Finished – Installation is finished, and the device will need to be rebooted. It could take up to 20 minutes before you see the any activity appear in the control panel.
How Good Is the Support?
mSpy is one of the top monitoring softwares for many reasons. Everything about this software caters to the customers needs. mSpy is aware that issues can occur at any time, so they want to make sure that there are no gaps in monitoring. Therefore, they offer 24/7 customer support.
Not only can you reach support around the clock, but you have your choice of how to contact them. Contact choices are based on the package that you purchase. The Basic Plan includes email support only. With the Premium Plan, you have your choice of email or live chat support.
Phone support is available for a fee of $12.99. This service can help you with main feature setup, step by step installation, and general support.
Overall, I am thoroughly satisfied with the monitoring features that are offered with the mSpy software. It is a great application that can help you understand activities that are occurring on a phone or computer. mSpy gives you the power to be with your kids, even when you can’t be. The support team offers exceptional service, which will ensure you get the software up and running on the target device.
Installation is easy, and navigation is very user friendly. The control panel is accessible from any computer with an Internet connection. The robust features will ensure all activity is recorded, and ready for you to view. The Keylogger is an exceptional addition, that allows you to see every keystroke entered on the device, even those that are deleted.
mSpy is an affordable solution, that is backed by a company who listens to consumer needs. I highly recommend giving this monitoring software a try. There are over one million happy customers who have tried mSpy. It is a robust software built to help you monitor all activity.